GEN 2 Huntmaster Shafts
Welcome to Hunt Master’s new premium shaft offering – our Generation 2 Shafts, designed with newer technology and features to offer extra strength, improved durability, increased bend-resistance and added benefits for every spearo – whether beginner or veteran.
All GEN 2 Shafts come in a 7.5mm diameter and lengths from 100cm to 170cm to fit all Hunt Master spearguns and most commercially available guns with a EURO trigger mechanism. See the table below for the full range of sizes.
The key features and benefits of these new shafts are:
- Designed by our Australian team in 17-4PH, heat-treated, premium marine-grade stainless steel - a steel selected for its incredible strength, hardness and corrosion resistance, commonly used in ship propellers.
- CNC-milled to ensure high-quality and consistent construction.
- Premium heat-treatment with a gorgeous bronzed finish to a Rockwell hardness of HRC 40-45.
- Pencil-tipped shaft point for maximum penetration.
- All shafts have single floppers positioned on the underside of the shaft, pivoting downwards when the shaft is loaded.
- A total of four, TIG-welded shark fin tabs for loading powerbands – an auxiliary-loading fin 60 cm from the tip and three fins positioned 6cm, 9cm and 12cm from the [trigger] end of the shaft. Multiple fins assist with preloading the guns.
- Shark fin tabs have all been smoothed and deburred to improve reliability for both Dyneema and steel braid bridles or wishbones.
- Smoothened resting tab with no sharp edges to avoid fraying lines.
- Two 2.5mm holes on the main body of the shaft closer to the trigger for applying the line, plus holes on each of the three shark fins.
- Floppers feature a reinforced, premium 3mm pivot-pin fixed through the shaft with embossed TIG welding plus a rotary-locking mechanism that stops at 65 degrees, ensuring strength and resistance to breaking – giving you more confidence that bigger fish will stay secured to the shaft.
SPECIAL NOTE: These shafts are designed for European and not US trigger mechanisms. They will not load properly into US trigger mechanisms.
SHAFT LENGTH: As a general guide, order a shaft that is 40cm longer than the barrel length of the gun. Longer shafts can be used to your personal preference but will obviously hang over the barrel head more. Eg. A 110cm gun uses a 150cm shaft.
Shaft Sizes and Lengths (all shafts are 7.5mm diameter)
- 7.5mm x 100cm
- 7.5mm x 110cm
- 7.5mm x 120cm
- 7.5mm x 130cm
- 7.5mm x 140cm
- 7.5mm x 150cm
- 7.5mm x 160cm
- 7.5mm x 170cm
SPECIAL NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS :
Due to the incredibly high freight and duty costs for shipping 'oversized' packages internationally [which ALL of our spearguns and shafts have to use], we are unfortunately no longer offering international shipping for speargun or shaft orders through our website.
If you wish to purchase a speargun or shaft and you live outside of Australia, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide individual pricing options.