ELANORA: Two-Piece, Long John and Jacket Wetsuit - Black
2023 sees the release of a brand-new wetsuit range for Hunt Master, the durable, extra-warm and feature-packed ELANORA range of black wetsuits, accented with a tip to our native Australia in the form of stylised silver Sydney Opera House detailing and graphics.
The ELANORA features a black, lined outer skin with a soft, stretchy and super-warm Yamamoto open cell neoprene inside, offering the best combination for spearfishing and recreational freediving use. Incredibly warm and durable - you'll love this wetsuit for years of exciting dives...
These are absolute premium spearfishing wetsuits.
So why "ELANORA?"
Following on with Hunt Master's use of Australian aboriginal names to honour the cultural heritage of our fair and lucky country, the word 'ELANORA' is a traditional name which literally means, "from the shore/sea."
This perfectly summarises our Next Generation wetsuit which is perfect for both shore dives or dropping into the big blue to bag a doggy or two...
The ELANORA Wetsuit Three Thicknesses
- 2.0mm wetsuits are most suitable for warm water conditions where the general water temperature means a rashguard is too thin, but a 3.5mm suit will just be too warm.
- 3.5mm wetsuits are perfect for temperate conditions, offering enough neoprene to stave off long durations in mild to cool waters... keeping you warm and comfortable on long dives even if the water is a little chilly.
- 5.0mm wetsuits are used in cooler or cold waters, offering extra thickness which in the open-cell style will offer ultimate warmth with the great comfort and manoeuvrability Yamamoto neoprene is famous for.
Note that everyone's tolerance to heat and cold is variable and the above information is just a guide.
ELANORA Wetsuit - Key Features and Benefits:
- Lined Outer, Open Cell Inner: The outer lining offers resistance to scrapes and cuts and the inner Open Cell offers warmth and unrivalled comfort, but the tacky neoprene inner means they are harder to put on so you will need some lube - we recommend a neoprene-safe lube such as Slippy.
- The Finest Neoprene - Yamamoto Open Cell: Yamamoto Hyperstretch neoprene is recognised as one of the world's best wetsuit neoprenes, and this amazing technology creates a cell structure that is much denser, providing amazing thermal insulation whilst remaining strong, lightweight, and flexible. The inside of the suit is tacky and the tiny open cells literally stick to your skin like the suckers on an octopus, meaning if you want unparalleled warmth and comfort these suits are for you.
- Eco-Friendly: Rest easy knowing that you are taking steps to help save the oceans we love and live for, as Yamamoto neoprene is made using limestone and not oil-based mixers. The rubber chips are melted, aerated and then baked, resulting in a material that has the lowest carbon footprint of any form of neoprene on the planet - so even though this is a black wetsuit... you're always going green...
- Outer Fabric Liner: The outside of the ELANORA is lined with a protective, durable Lycra and spandex-blend material that protects the inner neoprene from scuffs and cuts. These suits are very stretchy and therefore easier to wear for virtually every body shape.
- Premium Assembly: Carefully blind-stitched from the outside then glued together with premium marine-grade adhesive to offer an extremely strong bond (GBS). Seams are also externally taped to further add resilience and tear resistance. The face seal and ankle cuff are finished with bar-tack stitching and a raw-cut edge to prevent irritation.
- Integrated Hood: Most body warmth is lost through the head, so a hood is the best way to provide additional warmth on longer dives. Hoods also prevent the annoying tangle of mask straps in longer hair.
- Knee and Elbow Reinforcement: The knees and elbows take the most punishment when spearing around rock and coral which can scuff or even tear the suit, so the addition of scuff-resistant reinforcements helps to protect both the wetsuit and you!
- Chest Loading Pad: An essential feature for spearos is a thick neoprene pad that covers the solar plexus and upper stomach, helping to reduce the pain that occurs when loading a speargun on or under the water.
- Secure Beaver Tail: This feature stops the jacket from riding up whilst diving - and the ELANORA uses a premium beaver tail construction with twin plastic, twist fasteners – not velcro – that offer a more reliable and comfortable fit. Insist on nothing less!
- Twin Forearm Torch Pockets: Innovative pockets on both sleeves are perfect for storing a knife or dive torch such as our powerful HALO Torch - whether you are right- or left-handed. Pockets like these mean you can grab your knife or torch whilst still holding your speargun, saving time and reducing the risk of dropping gear. (15cm long, 6cm wide)
- Twin Thigh Pockets: Large, oval stow pockets on each thigh with a round entry hole are perfect for holding a dive knife, torch, float anchor or other items of gear as required. The ELANORA is equipped with plenty of storage!
- Landmark Graphics: The ELANORA wetsuit pays tribute to the significant and historic landmarks of our stunning Sydney Harbour by featuring stylised, metallic silver accents of the iconic Sydney Opera House and Sydney skyline on the left forearm and right calf/shin.
WETSUIT MAINTENANCE TIPS:
- PUT THE SUIT ON CAREFULLY. We recommend using a specialised wetsuit lubricant for the ELANORA wetsuit - such as Slippy. This will make donning the suit easier, plus increase the life span of the suit by reducing the chances of stretching or tearing the seams. Note that many chemicals attack neoprene so take extra care to clean the suit if using chemicals.
- WASH DOWN AFTER USE: Always wash your wetsuit after use with a garden hose or in a freshwater bath – NEVER leave saltwater on your suit.
- STORE PROPERLY: After cleaning and hosing down the wetsuit, make sure you store it in a dry and cool place, away from any sunlight. Avoid storing it in any area that has excessive temperatures or car fumes which can cause serious damage to the suit.
- HANG IF POSSIBLE: Although not always practical, try to avoid folding your suit in storage with 'sharp folds' if possible as it can cause permanent creases. We recommend hanging your wetsuit using a wide-shouldered wetsuit hanger for best results.