HUNTMASTER has incorporated true innovative technology for spearfishing floats. These tubeless floats are constructed with the strongest material on the market - 0.9mm PVC.
This material is used for high end Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIB) such as marine rescue, military and police boats. These floats come in a range of high visibility colors.
With a tear capacity of over ‘450kgs’, the Reef float is built tough, because it needs to be. The Reef float has 26kg of lift at 20m depth and can hold 2.0 Atmosphere. It’s perfect for medium to large fish, anything up to around 50kg and is small enough and maneuverable enough to tow on shore dives.
Why the Reef PVC Float?
Jumping in and out of the boat with a big float on different reefs and bombies can be a real pain. The Reef float comes into its own here, used with a HUNTMASTER Reef Floatline (8.5mm), it’s easy to wrap up and chuck on deck then deploy at the next spot. Big enough to stop most fish you’re likely to encounter on day to day diving, and small enough to tow and pack up on the move, the Reef float is the perfect wingman.
The wide low-profile shape of the Reef float makes it perfect for hopping in and out of the boat and even for shore dives. It glides effortlessly behind the hunter as it skims the surface.
Additional D Rings:
The additional D Rings can be used to attach a flasher, stringer, whistle, drinking water or cray net and also to put extra hurt on the fish.
By locking off the floatline to one of the front offset D rings the hydrodynamic design of the Reef is totally negated.
Unique High Viz Colours:
These unique high viz colours can be mixed and matched with the Huntsman and Huntress wetsuits, rashguards, Harbinger camo masks, snorkels and Huntmaster floatlines.
Even the purple floats and floatlines can pair up nicely with the Blue Huntsman or Pink Huntress wetsuit, with slight shades of purple throughout the Harbinger Blue and Pink Camo!!!
These high viz colors are crucial for safety, ensuring divers are seen by other boats and fellow divers.
HUNTMASTER has worked extensively with engineers and passionate spearos to provide the ultimate spearfishing float design. HUNTMASTER floats have been carefully crafted with the following design features;
- All HUNTMASTER floats are made using 0.9mm PVC, making them puncture proof and abrasion resistant, protecting the float from damage from fish fins, spear tips, knives and other sharp objects.
- Our floats are aerodynamically engineered and hand crafted with an internal and external structural design that lessens drag in the water. This new technology ensures maximum comfort for the spearo, reducing exertion from dragging heavy floats and improving overall dive time.
- Unlike other spearfishing floats, HUNTMASTER float designs are innovatively shaped. Our floats do not require additional lead weights to be added for the flag to remain upright.
- Structural design and dimensions of medium HUNTMASTER floats allow for ~ 26kgs* (57lbs) of lift ~ 20m depth. This is achieved by pressurizing the float up to 2 Atmospheres (ATM), (29 lbs PSI).
- Our floats come in a variety of high visibility colors ensuring that you are seen by other boats and fellow divers which is crucial for safety.
What’s included with my HUNTMASTER ‘Reef’ float?
When you order a float from HUNTMASTER you can expect the following items to be included in your purchase;
- 3 heavy duty handles (2 side and 1 rear). HUNTMASTER handles are designed with strength and durability in mind, giving spearos the assurance that they won’t fail under extreme pressure when game fish take your spear gun and float.
- 5 thick marine grade large stainless D rings. Additional D rings provide the spearo with options in stopping fish.
- Valve adaptor assembly, repair kit and wrench
For a limited time, the following accessories are included, free of charge, with all HUNTMASTER float purchases:
- Heavy duty RIB hand pump valued at $79
- High visibility flag and holder valued at $39
Dimensions: 820mm x 340mm x 150mm
Specifications: 23 liters / buoyant force of 57lbs. (2 ATM, 29 lbs PSI)
Weight of float: 2.2kgs
NOTE: Never use a commercial high-pressure pump, like those found at petrol/gas stations, to inflate the float. This can burst the float and will void the warranty.