Why Use a Speargun Muzzle Bungee?
There are three key reasons:
1) To keep your shooting line under a small amount of tension to minimise the chance of the line coming off your speargun before you fire.
2) If you fire your shaft and miss the target, the shaft will come to an abrupt halt when the shooting line reaches its maximum length. This abrupt halt sends a shockwave through the gun which is obviously not good for the gun, the line or any sensitive parts like the trigger mechanism. The bungee acts as a 'force-absorber' that dampens some of this force - similar to how a shock cord works on a car tow-rope.
3) Finally, when you target big fish, the muzzle bungee reduces tension on the shaft and the line when it hits, meaning this will reduce the chances of tearing the flesh of the fish as it reacts.
Stiff Dyneema Line
The Standard Muzzle Bungee uses an internal 1.4mm, grey Stiff Dyneema line that gives the Bungee around 350kg/770lbs of breaking strength - ideal for most fish up to the strongest of fighters like tuna and marlin.
Silicone Vs Latex
Additionally, Hunt Master uses more expensive, higher-quality silicone tubing as it gives numerous advantages over traditional latex tubing - especially against negative chemical reactions to heat such as the deterioration that can occur when a speargun is left on the beach or deck of a boat under constant sun.
Essentially silicone offers a significant quality and durability advantage over latex.
- Overall Length - 220mm
- Length of Dyneema Loop - 75mm
- Length of Silicone Tube - 90mm
Key Product Features:
- Premium Silicone Tubing for long life.
- Heavy-Duty Pig Tail swivel for targeting bigger, stronger trophy fish.
- 1.4mm Stiff Dyneema line gives it around 350kg / 770lbs of breaking strength.