The Tasman Sea is a marginal sea that separates Australia and New Zealand and is well-known by mariners for being tough and worthy of respect. It's a sea where only the resilient survive and the strong thrive - and at Hunt Master we have created a speargun that is tough, powerful and worthy of respect... like its namesake.
The TASMANS are the most affordable spearguns in the Hunt Master range, yet don't be fooled by their affordability as these are incredibly powerful spearguns that can be relied upon over and over again to perform accurately and predictably.
The TASMAN is a durable, high-quality gun suitable for both beginners and more experienced spearos alike and uses reliable components including a metal trigger-mech, a black, ceramic-coated aluminium barrel (in six lengths from 55cm to 120cm) - and all topped with a GEN 2 'bronze' Hunt Master shaft.
Quick to reload, simple to rig, effective and powerful enough to drop the majority of fish you’ll encounter on a shore dive anywhere in the world, the TASMAN range of spearguns also comes with Hunt Master's Limited Lifetime Speargun Guarantee.
A full-length rail runs directly from the trigger mechanism all the way along the handle, barrel and head. No more unsightly joints between handle and barrel or barrel and head, allowing the spear to travel unimpeded from start to finish.
The simple open-head muzzle is designed to be used by either left or right-handed spearos and can hold up to three (3) 16mm bands. The integrated line guides make for a quick and simple loading experience, putting you back in action and onto your target as quickly as possible.
Additionally, we fit as standard our GENERATION 2 'bronze' shafts, 40cm longer than the barrel length, which offer premium-level quality on this 'entry-level' gun. These are attached using a black monofilament shooting line.
Being affordable doesn’t mean that we have compromised on quality, as the TASMAN range also uses many of the same components we use on our premium GALARRA Carbon Fibre guns - such as the 100% stainless steel trigger mechanism... with zero plastic parts.
It also uses the same Hunt Master handle which can be used for a variety of configurations such as roller, pulley or conventional, and is ergonomically designed to fit most right or left-handed spearfishers. The handle sports a soft, rubberised grip for comfort and confidence in the water.
On this TASMAN Open Head option, the configuration includes black 'Attack' rubbers, a white handle grip and silver Hunt Master logos on the barrel.
The TASMAN speargun range uses top-grade 14mm ‘Attack’ microbore powerbands with a small internal diameter of only 1.0mm, offering more power-to-size ratio than most other leading brands. [For more info search for ‘Attack Rubber’ on the web page.]
The reverse mechanism and the rearward positioning of the GEN 2 Shaft shark fins also serves up an extra 10cm band stretch - which means even more power! For example, a 100cm TASMAN gun has a 110cm band stretch.
Finally, for an additional price, this amazing gun comes with the option to customise several aspects to your wants and needs, including:
- Upgrading the 14mm black powerbands to thicker 16mm or 18mm bands;
- Upgrading the powerbands to different colours;
- Swapping the black monofilament shooting line for coloured Dyneema;
- Swapping the white handle grip for another colour from our range.
If you wish to upgrade your gun from the standard configuration, please email us at email@example.com to discuss and for a P&A quote.
Key Product Features:
- Aluminium barrel with high-quality, black ceramic coating, accentuated with silver Hunt Master logos (26mm internal diameter).
- Open head muzzle with shaft rail and simple shooting line guides.
- "Attack" Microbore Powerbands rubbers with a tiny 1.0mm core for more power.
- Ergonomic right- / left-handed speargun handle with soft grip and integrated hook (for roller, pulley or conventional setups), reducing the need to drill barrels or handles.
- Full stainless-steel trigger mechanism.
- Complimentary GoPro mount (worth $30) with left and right mounting points.
- Premium GEN 2 'bronze' speargun shaft [see separate entry on the website for details].