SPECS AT A GLANCE:
- Our largest, most technical and voluminous float.
- Suitable for hunting the biggest, strongest fish.
- Suitable for freedivers as a float anchor point.
- Approx 60-litre air capacity at 1 bar / 15 psi.
- 150cm long x 60cm wide x 15cm high.
- Tear capacity of over 450kgs.
- 67kg of lift at 20m depth.
- Includes Float, RIB Pump, Flag and Pole, Repair Kit and Flasher.
WHAT IS THE TUNA TAMER?
HUNT MASTER has incorporated true innovative technology for spearfishing floats using tubeless/bladderless floats constructed with the strongest material on the market - 0.9mm PVC.
This material is used for high-end Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIB) such as marine rescue and police boats and are thus constructed for toughness and durability. Additionally, for the safety aspects required for spearfishers, these floats come in a range of high-visibility colours.
With a tear capacity of over 450kgs, the Tuna Tamer Float is built tough... because it needs to be! The Tuna Tamer has 67kg of lift at 20m depth and 1 bar.
WHY DESIGN SUCH A BIG FLOAT?
We’ve all lost massive doggies to snapping slip-tip cables when they reef up, tearing off heavy-duty floppers and even snapping thick shafts. Losing injured fish in this way is never desirable, so, we wanted to design a preventative measure to avoid fish being able to dive to reef depths by taking our floats under.
The Tuna Tamer Float was the result, incorporating colossal stopping power into a float that can easily be used for the most powerful swimmers like marlin and bluefin tuna.
The Tuna Tamer is the same float as the Abyss, but with an additional centre-mounted D-Ring and a much wider frame to make it more difficult for powerful fish to dive and submerse the float with them.
Attach the Tuna Tamer float to an 11mm Tuna Tamer Floatline and Floatline Bungee Kit via one the centre-mounted D ring and you can rest assured that your fish isn’t going anywhere.
The drag of the float will slow and quickly exhaust your target, and the Tuna Tamer floatline and bungee have enough absorbing stretch to avoid shots tearing out from sudden jolts.
When floatlines are at full extension the float will bob at the surface - or at maximum a couple of meters underneath - as the fish tries to pull it under, tiring itself quickly in the process. The huge buoyancy pressure of the Tuna Tamer float ensures that even the biggest fish are tamed over and over again...
FREE DIVING FLOAT: The middle D-Ring on the underside of the float can also be used as a free diving float anchor, where a diver can attach their anchor rope or line needed for a day out free-diving
The additional D-Rings can be used to hold additional accessories like Crayfish Bags or to attach extra drag on large fish. By locking off the floatline to one of the front offset D-Rings, the hydrodynamic design of the Tuna Tamer Float is reduced, offering extra drag.
UNIQUE HIGH-VIS COLOURS:
The Tuna Tamer Float comes in several unique, high-visibility colours that can be mixed and matched with the Huntsman and Huntress wetsuits, rashguards, Harbinger camo masks, snorkels and HUNT MASTER floatlines.
Even the purple floats and floatlines can pair up nicely with the Blue Huntsman or Pink Huntress wetsuit, with slight shades of purple throughout the Harbinger Blue and Pink Camo!!!
These high-vis colours are crucial for safety, ensuring divers are seen by other boats and fellow divers.
TUNA TAMER FLOAT DESIGN - THE DETAIL:
HUNT MASTER has worked extensively with engineers and passionate spearos to provide the ultimate in spearfishing float design, with Tuna Tamer Floats being carefully crafted with the following design features;
- Manufactured with 0.9mm PVC, making them abrasion-resistant and virtually puncture-proof - protecting the float from damage from fish fins, spear tips, knives and other sharp objects.
- Hydrodynamic design, with an internal and external structural design that lessens drag in the water. This new technology ensures maximum comfort for the spearo, reducing exertion from dragging heavy floats and improving overall dive time.
- Unique center D-Ring system designed to quickly subdue even the biggest fish in the ocean. If it swims, the Tuna Tamer will stop it...
- Unlike other spearfishing floats, HUNT MASTER float designs are innovatively shaped. As demonstrated in the product image, HUNT MASTER floats do not require additional lead weights to be added for the flag to remain upright.
- The structural design and dimensions of this float allows for up to 67kgs (148lbs) of lift at 20m depth at 1 bar/ATM.
- HUNT MASTER floats come in a variety of high visibility colours with a dive flag, ensuring that you are seen by other boats and fellow divers - crucial for safety.
WHAT'S IN THE TUNA TAMER KIT?
When you order a premium Tuna Tamer float from HUNT MASTER you can expect the following items to be included in your purchase;
- Tuna Tamer Float;
- Heavy duty, easy-pump RIB Hand Pump with pressure gauge - valued at $79;
- High visibility blue and white Dive Flag, pole and holder valued at $39;
- 10cm diameter round, silver Flasher to attract inquisitive fish;
- Repair Kit that includes a large repair patch, glue and valve assembly wrench;
Three heavy-duty grab handles (2 side and 1 rear) designed with strength and durability in mind, giving spearos the assurance that they won’t fail under extreme pressure when game fish take your spear gun and float;
- Five Side Mounted D-RIngs manufactured from thick, marine-grade stainless steel;
- Additional Center-Mounted D-Ring under the float for expert control.
Dimensions: 150cm long x 60cm wide x 15cm high
Air Volume: 60 litres
Buoyancy Force: 148lbs at approx 1 bar/ATM.
Recommended Inflation Pressure: 0.7-1.0 bar / 10-15 PSI (approx 90 hand pumps)
Weight of float: 3.5kgs
NOTE: We recommend using the silky-smooth, easy RIB hand-pump that is provided to inflate the Tuna Tamer Float, avoiding the use of electric, high-pressure pumps like those found at petrol/gas stations, to inflate the float. This can burst the float seams and will void the warranty.