Hunt Master's Black Weight Vest is meant for divers who wear black wetsuits such as our ELANORA range who need more weights than a belt can fit - or wish to distribute the weights they are carrying more evenly.
As any experienced spearo will know, an even distribution of weights is important - particularly in shallow water - and can help to keep you concealed in weed beds and shallow reefs alike or help you twist as you peer into caves and crevices. Incorrectly allocated weight means your body will not be able to remain at a horizontal level underwater without rising or sinking, both of which require extra time and energy to correct.
By putting a third of your weight in your vest, you will achieve a more even spread of weight, putting less stress on your lower back. It is also safer than overloading a weight belt with too much weight.
There are six velcro pockets on the vest – four vertically on the spine and one on each chest flap. Each pocket is padded and individually sealed with incredibly strong velcro so weights will not move around.
Most weight vests attach to your weight belt in one form or another making it hard to quickly separate the belt from the vest in an emergency. The Hunt Master ELANORA Black Weight Vest uses a simple plastic ball on a cord that tucks under the belt and locates the vest snug on your back to avoid it riding up your shoulders when duck diving.
The key safety benefit of this system is that when making an emergency ascent by dropping your waist-mounted weight belt you’ve lost two-thirds of your total weight without having to worry about clips, straps or fasteners to detach your vest from your belt. If you need to drop the remaining third of your weight it’s a simple task of hitting two quick-release clips. We found that other styles of vests that thread a single clip through oversized D rings have a tendency to get hung-up under load. At Hunt Master, we don’t compromise on safety and we believe our vests use the safest connection method on the market.
Note that although this vest is black, Hunt Master also manufactures six camouflage-coloured weight vests that match our wetsuits.
KEY PRODUCT FEATURES:
- 4.0mm neoprene.
- Double-stitched for added strength and durability;
- Quick-release safety system via two quick-release clips - one on the chest and one on the left shoulder;
- Sleek black design in a spandex-blend liner and outer layer;
- Integrated front D-ring for connection of whistle, torch, cray-gauge or even your gun whilst you burley;
- Six individual velcro pockets.
- The vest can hold up to six x 0.75kg ‘loose’ lead weights (sold separately). This gives a total of 5 kg of extra weight including the vest;
- 'One size fits most' with some adjustment using the double quick-release clips. (NOTE: Those who have very wide backs or large chests will find the vest tight. We recommend this vest for chest measurements below 45" / 115cm.)